If your immediate answer was, “No way, I’m not vegan!,” just hold on. Even if you eat animal products (even meat), there are benefits to vegan skincare products beyond the fact that they don’t harm animals.
What is Vegan Skincare?
A product is vegan if it does not contain any ingredients that are a product of any animal, including insects. Common animal products that can be found in skincare products and cosmetics include lanolin, beeswax, milk ingredients, uric acid (from cows) and carmine (a colourant made from crushed beetles).
It’s worth noting that just because a product is certified as Cruelty Free, it doesn’t automatically make it vegan — though it does mean that it wasn’t tested on animals.
Why Use Vegan Skincare?
It turns out that vegan formulas are more gentle on your skin; don’t cause build-up of potentially harmful substances in your system; and they are often a great choice for sensitive skin. Generally, ingredient lists for vegan skincare products are minimal and nourishing.
So, your reasons for choosing vegan products might be different than someone else’s — you might choose them because they are simple and gentle, and you have sensitive skin; while the next person may choose vegan because of the assurance that the products are cruelty free and match their animal-friendly ideals.
Vegan Skincare Products from All Things Jill
Almost all of the products we make are vegan, with a few notable exceptions: Lovin’ That Lanolin Cuticle Gel; Five Minutes Peace Bath Soak (with milk powder); and any products that contain beeswax, which includes all our balms, butters and salves.
Our vegan offerings include:
- Bath Foam, Mineral Soak, Hand & Body Wash, Bar Soaps, Bath Bombs and Tub Truffles
- Hand & Body Lotion
- Natural Deodorant
- Facial Oils
- Chic Puppy Dirty Dogger Shampoo, Fido Freshener Coat Spritz, Shakin’ All Over Carpet Soda and Ticked Off Coat & Bed Spritz
- Jack Shave Creme, Shave Oil, Shave Spritz and Beard Oil
- Peas in a Pod Baby: Bottoms Up! Baby Bum Spray, Sweet Cheeks Baby Bum Powder, Oh! Baby Body Lotion, and Room Mists
- Peas in a Pod Mama: Mama Mia Stretch Mark Oil, Sittin’ Pretty Perineal Spray & Perineal Salts
- After Sunny Aloe Mist
- zenYoga Restore Mat Spray and Balance Room + Meditation Mist